Sunday, December 28, 2008

See what I made today....

I sewed this really simple and sweet swaddling blanket for a close friend who had her little girl last night at 31 weeks. Everything is OK and her daughter is doing wonderful...praise the Lord!
I used a zig-zag stitch on these hearts that I cut out by hand.

This swaddling blanket is about 40"x40" when it is opened completely.



I was able to follow this tutorial. Super easy!
Ta-da!!! I was very happy with how it turned out...I really hope she likes it!?

5 comments:

Anna Mae said...

SO cute! :D i wish i was good at sewing... :S i can't even figure out how to thread the dang sewing machine! lol

Unknown said...

Wish I could sew :( It is one of my goals for 2009!

Corrine said...

Cute! Your practicing for your babe?!?

Beth Herring said...

Adorable. I loved sewing when my girls were little. I have made all my grandbabies blankets too. I haven't been as creative as you did with the heart applique, though. Great job! Praying for your friend's little bundle of joy.

In Him,
Beth

Crystal said...

Janell,
Lets get together and make some of these! I really want to make some of those burp clothes that you're so good at as well.