Monday, March 30, 2009

Preschool Scripture Memorization

Well, my 23 month old son Payton knows all of his letters and is getting the sounds down...so I figured he must be smart enough to start memorizing Gods word. This is something I personally have been convicted about as well. So why not do it together!? I was googling lists of preschool verses and came across this great list! Hope you enjoy it too! =0> I can't wait to get started!

Janell


ABC Memory Verses

A - All have sinned, and come short of the glory of God. Romans 3:23
B - Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved. Acts 16:31
C - Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right. Ephesians 6:1
D - Depart from all evil and do good. Psalm 34:14
E - Even a child is known by his doings. Proverbs 20:11
F - Fear not, for I am with you. Isaiah 43:5
G - God is love. 1John 4:8
H - Honor your father and your mother. Exodus 20:12
I - If you ask anything in my name, I will do it. John 14:14
J - Jesus said to him, I am the way, the truth and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by me. John 14:6
K - Keep your tongue from evil. Psalm 34:13
L - Look to me, and be saved. Isaiah 45:22
M - My son, give me your heart. Proverbs 23:26
N - No man can serve two masters. Matthew 6:24
O - O give thanks to the Lord: for He is good. Psalm 118:1
P - Praise you the Lord: for it is good to sing praises to our God. Psalm 147:1
Q - Quit you like men, be strong. 1Corinthians 16:13
R - Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Exodus 20:8
S - Seek you the Lord while he may be found. Isaiah 55:6
T - The Lord sees me. Genesis 16:13
U - Unto you, O God, do we give thanks. Psalm 75:1
V - Verily, verily, I say to you, whatsoever you ask the Father in my name, he will give it to you. John 16:23
W - Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in You. Psalm 56:3
X - Exceeding great and precious promises are given to us. 2Peter 1:4
Y - You are the light of the world. Matthew 5:14
Z - Zion heard, and was glad. Psalm 97:8

6 comments:

Lisa said...

I will definitely have to keep this in mind. I love it! Thanks!

How are you feeling?

quilt'n-mama said...

We love these verses and have used them with all our young children as well. Our kiddos have learned many of them before they were too as well! Have a blast with them!
Blessings,
Gayly

www. quilt -n- mama. blogspot.com

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

We have these verses on our kitchen table. THAT AMAZING that he knows all his letters. You will be amazed at all he can store in his memory. The Lord has wired their little brains to memorize so much more than we can. :)

Sarah Mae said...

Oh friend, I wouldn't even start potty training until 2 1/2 - it is SO much easier then and it only takes about a week! I tried to early potty train my daughter and it was such a hassle, then at about two and half we tried again and it was night and day! My son just turned two and I am going to wait until at least 2 1/2! Good luck! :) Thanks for the verses!

Christine said...

What a wonderful memory verse! Hope you don't mind if I copy it for my Sunday School class...this is really good!

thekreativelife said...

This is WONDERFUL! Thanks so much for sharing . . . I'll be printing these out for my two little ones!

P.S. You have an award over at my blog, if you choose to accept. ; )