Monday, June 23, 2008

Finding yourself in Christ


Psalm 139:14 will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.


I don't know about you, but there are times in my life that I feel so lost. Just looking for that woman I want to be. I see these Godly women in my life that I greatly admire and I wanna be just like them! But then I realize that each one of us are so different and that God allows that for a reason. It's really easy for me to get hung up on all the things that I am not...organized, skinny, good time manager, disciplined, and the list can go on and on! My excuse was always..."Well, I was raised this way." but just recently God has shown me that with Him all thing ARE possible! I always knew that, but it's such a blessing to see it personally.


I have some VERY close friends who have been such great examples and have REALLY taught me how to have an amazing personal relationship with God. I was thinking about the woman I was a year ago compared to today (don't get me wrong...I still have a LONG way to go) and I was so excited to see what God has done in my life. Since last year I have become a Mother, a Friend, a servant, an Aunt, a role model, a Sunday School teacher, and even a "better" organized & loving wife. I have truly found the things in life that I LOVE!!! Some of my favorite things are: Reading, the Beach, Sewing, Scrapbooking, teaching, cooking, my son, & organizing...gasp! And so many other things. I know it's because God has given me the examples I needed in my life as well as the strength and confidence to accomplish these things.


If you would have asked me a year ago if I would ever grow in these areas I would have said yes...but in my heart I felt that it was a lost cause! It's funny to me how we can allow Satan's lies to affect our outlook and thoughts on life. We are truly capable of ANYTHING with Christ and some elbow grease! ;) So I am happy to report that even though my house is a mess right now and I have to go grocery shopping...I am VERY happy with the women I am becoming. He is molding me and shaping me every single day! God is so good!


Psalm 139:14 "will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well."

4 comments:

Kimba said...

What a beautiful post. I couldn't agree with you more. God made us all the way we are for a particular reason. He is the one who can change us.

Thanks for sharing this. It was really encouraging to me today.

Anyway, about your blog...Something isn't right. I'm having a hard time reading the text through the design. It almost looks like the black-scrolls are overtop of the text rather than under it. I actually can't even see the left part of your blog name.

Try that site I mentioned in my post today that shows you how your site looks in different browsers. I'm running IE so maybe it looks different to you if you're in a different browser like Firefox or something else.

Crystal said...

I love your posts! They are really refreshing. I put a link to your blog on my blog, I hope you don't mind!

Amanda Jo said...

Wow - it sounds like you're talking about me in this post! I share many of the same struggles you do!

You have a very cute blog and an even cuter family! I'll be back to visit here very soon!!!

Tiffany Shanks. said...

I love you Janell, you are a wonderful person. This post is fantastic.